How to setup Topaz Labs as a Plugin to Adobe Lightroom
- Lightroom 4-6
- Lightroom CC 2015-2016
- Lightroom CC 2019
* Lightroom CC 2018 does not support any external editors.
AI Products and Studio/Topaz Studio 2:
* Gigapixel AI and JPEG to RAW are only available as standalone at this time and cannot be configured as external editors.
1. Go to your menu bar and choose Edit >> Preferences:
2. Go to the External Editing tab:
3. About halfway down you will see the Additional External Editor Section. Click "Choose"
If Lightroom already has a preset other than "Custom" selected, click the Clear button, then click Choose:
4. Search or navigate to your desired program. Select the program itself, not the whole file. It will have an icon similar to the one below:
5. Name your External Editor with the name of the Topaz Labs product (the screenshot below is using Topaz Sharpen AI as an example):
1. Download and Install Classic Studio:
2. Configure Classic Studio as above.
3. When you are ready to use your Classic Plug-Ins, you will invoke Classic Studio as your External Editor and access them through there.