Requires Topaz Studio 1.7
- Table of Contents
- Missing Assets
- Login Hanging
- Adjustments Not Syncing
- Go to Solution
- Click to jump to section
~Topaz Labs Team
Topaz Studio 1.13 Only
How to keep your presets safe if you need to reset your database
You have a couple of options to ensure your presets are backed up safely if you were told to use this process by Topaz Labs support. To be clear, you should only reset your database if you are asked to by support, in order to fix a problem with your synced data.
- Save your "preset" as a TSP Project File, which will save the effect stack, much like a preset will. This will ensure that you have all the slider values and masks that you created. Learn more about TSP files here: Project Files (.tsp)
- Use Topaz Studio 1.12 to sync the presets. You can download and install the previous version of Topaz Studio from the Downloads Page, in order to sync your preset data to the Topaz cloud servers for backup. Then, you can reset your database without worrying about your presets.
This feature will be turned back on! Topaz Labs is hard at work improving the sync system, and will be turning the feature back on as soon as we can. We understand this is not going to be convenient for some users, and are aware of the urgency this feature deserves. Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve our products and services for you, our wonderful customers!
Topaz Studio is a complex application with many moving parts. As a result, occasionally it can be necessary to do a bit of maintenance to your local database. The local database is the file stored on your computer that enables the unique syncing, activation, and preset features built into Studio. If something goes wrong with your database, then you may experience some problems, as listed below. Fixing any of the problems listed below is a simple process, that we'll be covering in this article.
Which Problems Does This Solve?
1. Adjustments are missing Assets!
This problem looks like things are simply missing from the Adjustment. The Adjustments impacted by this problem are those that use assets/images/models to create the effect that the Adjustment provides. Here are some examples of what each Adjustment looks like when it has this issue:
The Texture Adjustment uses images of texture, borders, scratches, light leaks, dust, and others, to create the effect the Adjustment provides. This is what you'll see if those assets are not available:
2. Topaz Studio endlessly tries to login
3. Purchased Adjustments do not update to Pro Status
If you purchase an Adjustment or multiple Adjustments from the store, but don't see them enabled as Pro in your application, you first want to select Help → Check for Adjustment Updates option. This will attempt to sync your Adjustments for you. Should that attempt fail, you'll be facing the scenario below:
You own it...
But it's not showing up!