Topaz Labs has long received requests to enable product gifting from our store, and we're happy to announce that we have finally added it to the shop! Here are the basics you'll need to understand and use the Gift option. Please note, buying a gift will only be possible on the Gift Page!
How to buy a gift for someone
- Go to the Gift Page.
- Select a Software Product from the dropdown list in the Purchase a Gift section of the page.
- Select how many copies of the product you'd like to buy (to give multiple gifts, of course).
- Select the Add to Cart button.
- Repeat this process until you've added all the gifts you'd like to buy, and complete your purchase.
- Locate the Gift Codes created for your gift recipients in the specific order you placed. You can find your list of recent orders on you My Orders Page.
- Send the Gift Codes to your intended recipient via email, regular mail, or any other means you'd like.
How to claim a gift someone purchased for you
- Create a Topaz Labs account (required). If you have not done this yet, do so here: Create a Topaz Labs account.
- Login to your account.
- Go to the Gift Page.
- Scroll down to the Register a Gift section of the page and locate the code registration form.
- Enter the Gift Code you were sent in the form, then select Register Code.
- You will receive an email confirming registration, and will be taken to an order confirmation page. From here, you can download your software or head to your My Account Page to view your licenses. You can also download your software from the Downloads Page.
- Repeat this process until you've registered all of your gift codes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where should I get started?
2. How many times can a Gift Code be registered?
You can only register Gift Codes one time!
If you register a gift code, then it will be assigned to the email address used on the form, in our system. There are some scenarios where registering a code will not immediately take you to a completed registration order page:
- You do not have a Topaz Labs account: You must have a Topaz Labs account to claim your gift. If you register your gift code using an email address that does not have an account in our system, you will be directed to the My Account Page, where you must create your account, then log in.
- You have an account, but you are not logged in when you register: You can register a gift code, without logging in, if you already have a Topaz Labs account. However, you will be taken to the My Account Page, to log in, before you can view the completed order.
My Gift Code was not registered, but it still tells me that it is invalid!
You will need to enter your gift code as it is shown in the completed order form shown to the gift buyer. If your gift code is rejected by our system, please reach out to our support team in the help center: Create a Help Request
3. Can I get a refund for a purchased Gift Code?
Refunds for all purchases will be subject to the Topaz Labs Refund Policy.
Gift Code Refunds
Gift Codes can be refunded as long as the buyer requests a refund within the time period stipulated by our general refund policy above and the code has not been registered by anyone. To help avoid situations where system incompatibilities prevent the use of the software, please ask the recipient to install and run the software prior to registering their code. This should not be required for all cases, but if you are not sure that your gift recipient can run our software, it’s easier to refund a gift code that has not yet been registered!
Requesting a Refund
You can request a refund using the Refund Request Form
4. How many copies of a gift code can I buy?
Buy as many as you want! Seriously!
Do you want to give 100 people you know a copy of Impression? Do it! Ok, fine, you can buy your nephew just a few Pro Adjustments. Maybe you know a few family members that are trying to restore old family photos, and could really use the upsampling magic of A.I. Gigapixel? You can get a code for each of them. Buy one, or buy as many as you’d like.
Can I buy a Gift Code at the same time as purchasing something for myself?
Of course, you can! You can mix as many gift codes in with your regular purchase as you’d like.
5. How will I know whether my recipient has received their gift?
We keep track of registrations for you, so you can know immediately if the code you’ve given someone has been registered. Currently, you cannot see when the code was registered, but we will likely add that at some point in the future.
Unregistered Gift Code
Registered Gift Code
6. Can I give multiple gifts? Can I give multiple gifts to multiple people?
Buying More Than One Gift for One Person
To buy more than one gift product for one person, just choose the products you’d like to give and add them to your cart. Proceed to purchase, where you will be given instructions for accessing your codes. Send the codes you get to your gift recipient, and you’re done!
Buying Gift Codes for More Than One Person
To buy gifts for multiple people, you’ll want to keep track of who is getting what. For now, we don’t have the ability to assign names to the codes that are generated by the order, so keep a note of which codes you’re sending to who. Most email services will keep your sent messages in your Outbox, so you can check there if you can’t remember who got which codes.
7. I received an error when I registered my code! Help!
Error Registering Code
This error can happen for a couple reasons. The first is that you’ve simply already successfully registered the code. Go to your My Orders page to see your recently registered orders. If you don’t have any orders showing, please make sure you’re logging in with the correct email address, as our system assigns ownership to your software based on your email address.