This error occurs because the host editor (Topaz Studio, LightRoom, or PhotoShop) is unable to locate the files associated with the plugin you are trying to use. This usually occurs because either the operating system or the user has told the machine to store these files somewhere different than where the host editor would expect.
How to Fix this Error
- Close & Quit Photoshop.
- Open the plugin you are trying to access as a standalone product.
- Go to your file browsing program (Finder in Mac, Explorer in Windows).
- Search for the plug in you are attempting to utilize.
- Open the program
- Once the standalone product has finished opening, reboot your machine.
- Upon opening your host editor again, you should be able to utilize your plugin as the machine has essentially “learned” where those program files are kept.
If you continue to experience issues please submit a support request and our team will be happy to assist!